Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Child With Layers On.

I'm falling in love with this album.
This will either surprise you or not. My boss has told me more than once that I have the most random and eclectic musical taste that he's ever encountered. I take it as a compliment. If something has amazing melody lines, if it jitters my soul; I'm in love.

* * * * *


It appears I haven't really announced this to many people but I have started playing in another band. This band is so far nameless and included my husband, my best friend and her husband. We've had only three rehearsals so far and I am absolutely astounded with the progress we're making. At this rate, we'll be able to start playing shows in a few months. I wonder what that will be like again...

* * * * *


I will be turning 30 in 1 month and 22 days. It's not like I'm counting. ;-) I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm not necessarily freaked out. However, I'm slightly saddened to bid farewell to my twenties. My life has been such an amazing and unique adventure so far. I know I have so many incredible experiences ahead of me. Although I feel I've grown so much in only the last five years, I also remain the giddy 12-year-old who still gets butterflies in her stomach the day of an exciting concert.

What's next?

I'm playing in a band again (kid). I'm married (adult).
I still enjoy girl nights and sleep overs (kid).
I'm beginning to contemplate having babies (adult).
I wouldn't change anything for a million bucks.


"Growing up is never easy. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what's to come. But that night, I think we knew it was time to let go of what had been and look ahead to what would be. Other days. New days. Days to come. The thing is, we didn't have to hate each other for getting older. We just had to forgive ourselves
...for growing up."

- The Wonder Years

No comments:

Post a Comment