Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Starting anew.

I'm nervous.

Tonight marks the first ever rehearsal of a new musical project and my levels of excitement and trepidation are fairly equal. It has been approximately 4 years since I've played in a band; 6 years since I've fronted and creatively contributed to a band. I'm nervous that I won't remember how and that my desire has changed. I'm nervous that I will disappoint everyone involved. On the other hand, I'm terribly excited to rehash this side of myself. I'm excited to plunge into amazing creativity with some of the closest people in my life.

I've become a creature of ease and habit over the last few years and I know that once we get in the swing of things, I will have an absolute blast with it. Singing and playing guitar have been my M.O. for so many years of my life and I can't seem to escape it and I'm not necessarily sure that I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment