Monday, August 3, 2009

25 Facts About Me.

1. I listen to classic Christmas music in the summer... the fall... okay, year round. In fact, Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" is on right now and I'm pretty sure that most of you find this completely offensive. Hehe.

2. I have a ridiculous want and need to be pregnant right now. It started a few months ago and the desire becomes stronger by the day. I see pregnant women out and about and on the television and I get this strong yearning to be pregnant as well. I guess what they say about a biological clock is true.

3. I seem to enjoy going out less and less as time goes by. I still end up going out to clubs 1-2 per week but I just don't seem to enjoy it as much as I did 4 or 5 years ago. I won't stop going, though even if I don't fully enjoy it. I realize how blessed I am to live so close to a 7-day-a-week rock scene and feel the need to partake in it as much as I can.

4. I love weddings. Bring 'em on.

5. I get stuck on wearing the same piece of clothing for months and it's like wrestling a lion to get me to wear something else.

6. Everyone has OCD features and mine are focused mostly at my desk at work; all papers must be placed in one stack, all pens must be put away in the pen holder and everything must be cleared from my desk and completed by the end of the day. Otherwise, I'm slightly uneasy.

7. I've been to 6-7 New Kids On The Block concerts in the last year and a half. They're like crack to me.

8. I am going to be a stay-at-home mom. We are making the necessary steps now for me to be able to do this in a couple years. I believe the most important job in the world is raising your own children and am thankful everyday that I have a husband who supports that.

9. I am surrounded by an incredible group of women in my life; my mom, my mom-in-law, my sister, my sister-in law and all my amazing friends. I am grateful for each and every one of them every day.

10. I am absolutely in love with Tori & Dean. I can't get enough of "Home Sweet Hollywood". If the show portrays even half of how their relationship and family works, they are pretty darn awesome in my book.

11. I've been employed at my current job since April 22, 2004. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else.

12. I wish I knew how to cook. I'm in awe of people who know how to cook a meal more elaborate than Hamburger Helper. The ability to put together a fine tasting meal seems like a super power to me.

13. I never went to a professional baseball game as a kid but have enjoyed 5 or so Dodger games this year alone. I can't get enough. I ♥ Ramirez, Blake & Loney.

14. My boss has made several comments about my 'weird & eclectic' taste in music, especially when he hears Poison, Art Blakey and New Kids On the Block back to back on my internet radio station. I take it as a badge of honor.

15. I spend way too much money on eating out.

16. One of my favorite weekday evening activities is catching up with my DVR'd tv shows while the hubby is at band practice. It gives me great relaxation and pleasure.

17. Most days, I feel like I'm about 14-years-old. However, I feel like I've grown and matured immensely in some areas over the past 12 months.

18. We'lll be moving out of the valley in 28 days and back into the safe arms of suburbia. I have mixed feelings about this. I adore our valley apartment but I hate how shitty and un-safe the area is. I love living in the comfort of suburbia but will miss the close proximity to the big city. All in all, we're making a mature decision and I will always cherish the memories we created in our first home together.

19. I really really really enjoy visiting Paul's hometown in Ohio. It is one of my favorite vacation spots. No, really.

20. My favorite season is winter. Yes, I realize I'm living in the wrong state. Yes, I realize I wouldn't love the snow as much if I lived in it everyday. But I still love winter and that will never change.

21. After years and years of disagreeing with my father's observations and paranoias about how dangerous life can be and how certain relationships will unfold in my life, I've come to realize that DAD IS ALWAYS RIGHT and ALWAYS HAS BEEN.

22. I prefer to text or IM.

23. I should listen to my gut reactions with most things but I rarely ever do.

24. I would forget my whole life without Facebook's SocialCalendar. Haha. Or I guess I'd use a date book.

25. I've learned SO MUCH about marriage and raising children from radio talk show host, Dr. Laura. To most, she's crazy, mean and way too conservative in such a modern world. But when you really value her basic principles for creating a happy marriage and family life, her conservatism is an actual blessing in a world so consumed with immediate gratification, egoism and self-inflicted drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment